Monday, May 12, 2008

Misunderstood Trinoma


When there was this hype about a new mall opening across SM North, I figured it would draw the crowd from Henry Sy’s Shoemart (SM) North, which, I gathered from my surrogate mother, had built a humongous supermarket that made parking difficult for her.

I don’t know where she goes now for her groceries but she swore she won’t ever go back to SM North’s supermarket. Not the one on the new block. SM North can really pack a huge crowd especially when a celebrity like Kris Aquino guests there.

My first look-and-see visit to Trinoma was coincidental, getting off MRT and it being the last station before the coaches turn back south. The shops then were doing a soft launch, some floors still smelled of cement and it looked unimpressive. I told my surrogate mom, I liked Mall of Asia better and I stand my ground.

Having read a columnist saying people are complaining about Italianni’s coupons being distributed at its Trinoma branch, what is wrong with that? What is wrong is people’s misconception that Ayala ONLY caters to the uppity. Being that Trinoma is situated where mass transport abounds and I’m saying not only the MRT but buses, jeeps and taxis have their informal dispatch stations there, this columnist may have misunderstood Trinoma’s market. I would, if I were Italianni’s, look at changing my menu, my logo, my image, or there you have it --- reposition itself. Makes me remember Friday’s when we had to queue to get ourselves a table.

Trinoma is the place to go for Kyusiers, that’s Quezon City residents defined. I go there for my Landmark groceries, for my hair Fix salon, for my Starbucks and Figaro coffee, for Cibo lunch and Oki Oki Japanese food. I get to pick-up goodies from Red Ribbon and Goldilocks when I’m in a hurry from my MRT jump-off to take a taxi ride back home. What is wrong with that?

No comments: