Monday, June 23, 2008

Referring to Eastwood

Taken at Jack's Loft

I plucked this quote from an online newspaper article and decided to give my thoughts about it, referring to Eastwood, “How is it like to live in a location where adventure awaits you each day? Where in the metropolis can you find a hub of activity day and night, where you can live, work, play and learn all within the same confines?”

In defense of the above sales pitch, and considering the cost of transportation if one were not living in a self-contained community, I would fall prey to such a proposition. Having brought my daughter-in-law several times to Eastwood, also known as CyberCity, I know how traffic there creeps during peak hours. This is the reason my son and his wife decided to move there. In over two years since they’ve been living in Eastwood, their adventure unfolded into a laundry business, thriving at that.

While I have visually compared living in Eastwood to my present circumstances, there is but ONE reason that would compel me to opt for condominium living in the area and this is, if my workplace were located there. Which means that once the week has started, I would most likely be looking forward to Saturday and Sunday when the establishments at Eastwood won’t have to make me queue. The place practically and irrepressibly turns into a ghost town on weekends, even that quaint chapel is closed except perhaps when there’s a Mass or some other services.

If you’re claustrophobic (which I’m not or maybe I am), Eastwood is not for you. Once I had my kids meet me at McDonald’s there and soon after we started our family council al fresco, there was a delivery truck with its exhaust fumes blowing at us. Oh well, it’s probably because we were feasting on Krispy Kremes. I have yet to see the Wednesday evening crowd. That’s Bloomfields playing music to go by down memory lane for free, no cover charge. For interesting desserts, Jack’s Loft might be where to look for them, if you’re willing to skip lunch and not load up on calories. Live, love and eat but count your calories!

No comments: