Saturday, July 12, 2008

In One Swoop

Walking in Megamall for my shopping needs put me in peril a few days ago. As I walked FAST a middle corridor sandwiched by shops and eateries, sales agents swooped on me to blind me with brochures and flyers. There was Filinvest with their Highlands Pointe, Golden Forum Land, Inc./BDO with their Seibu Tower, Vista Land/Brittany with their omnibus offerings, and Antel with their Serenity Tower, positioning it as a Spa Hotel.

Initially, I made plans to visit Seibu Tower but got waylaid by voluminous work this week. Bing, the persistent agent, mentioned there are 20 units left in Seibu Tower and these are still being sold at Php100,000 per square meter, finished, with some units accorded parking space as an option. Always an option, especially nowadays. Studio and one-bedroom units are still available. Well what do you know? I was told by another agent Seibu Tower is sold out.

My next tripping, if plans push, is The Serenity Tower (Hotel and Residences), where a unit costs from Php2,200,000. Its location looks enticing enough, near Rockwell, away from the maddening EDSA. There are 144 units being sold on Property Assuring Yield (PAY) Philosophy scheme – it’s a patented pay plan, simply put. How many units have been sold out of 144 and how many are left is unknown to me at this point.

I am just saying, when the proper resources are realized, it’s a smorgasbord out there. Philippine scenario real estate is ripe for the picking, depending on one’s needs, one’s desires and one’s taste. Walking along Megamall corridors can take you to the future or bring on the past.

Coming home from this experience when sales agents swooped on me, I remember as a child when my Mom, on the look out for bargains would take me to Central Market. She’d buy school uniforms for 5 brothers and as I grew to be a mother myself I’d go down there to get diapers, dozens of them. Somewhere in Central Market though was a section where we ate yummy pansit palabok and halo-halo. But before we could seat ourselves, we had to go through a line of “barkers” who’d point us where to go. Once seated, you choose from an array of dishes by pointing with your index finger, not with your snout. If I’m not mistaken, this gave rise to the concept of turo-turo in eateries. Precious memories.

No comments: