Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Condominium Living:
My Second Report Card



My daughter recently asked if I wanted to move to another unit in the same condominium building or put a down on a rent-to-own condominium of my choice. She initially suggested Taguig but I stuck to looking for one where I live or somewhere in Quezon City. Give or take:

• My studio is getting packed with stuff that I sometimes pull out from an apartment I maintain
in Antipolo or buy for reasons, topmost of which is practicality. I now get small rather than
family size packs of food, utensils, toiletries to name a few. Sachets work better, that way
I throw away smaller non-biodegradable, non-invasive to my trash can, packaging material.

• I am learning to make use of space in every way I can, and there’s less to clean, light furniture to move and less dirt to sweep, in fact my maid sometimes scoops it with her hands straight to the trash.

• Except for some smells I can’t stand, like the mix of beer and cigarettes, stench coming from the sewage (next door), I can get to the 12th floor blindfolded because the nose knows.

• Gaining friends including two little girls who would just love to raid my refrigerator for candies
and such, is wonderful except I don’t let them stay too long or they’d like to tinker with everything.

• My laundry is now well managed, such that I list my stuff and the laundry shop personnel ticks off the item to show they’ve inspected before putting them in the bag. Sometimes they iron my clothes, real cheap when my maid doesn’t feel like coming.

• Still have a problem getting a ride at 3:00 o’clock in the morning, unbelievable! Tricycle drivers
have made the building across ours their makeshift sleeping quarters. If you wake them, you would have to wipe their saliva off.

• I’m having a difficulty understanding Koreans, aren’t they supposed to be visitors and not act like they own the elevators?

• SkyCable is the only provider here but given a choice, I’d go for Destiny – it’s friendlier and less haughty and maybe if I call customer service they’d hand me to a supervisor. More on this in my other blogsite…

• The condo building is getting to look like an extension of where I work, there’s probably one on every floor or maybe hiding under my bed.

• I’d still walk a mile for Seven-Eleven, found a new kind of tea there instead of chamomile, it’s BioFitea, weight reducer, body toxins remover with Senna leaves and Pods.

All told, if I ever leave the studio it’ll be for a reason and that reason is mine. Capish?

No comments: