Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How do you like your Adobo?


TEAM BUILDING AT  CRYSTAL BEACH RESORT

Days into preparation of Team Jedi’s team building in Zambales, it was decided that Adobo was the best  comfort food to bring for a few reasons, i.e., it won’t spoil, it’s easy to prepare, it’s yummy and goes well with lots of rice.  It was agreed to make it spicy. 

With all our rest days in synch, we started off from Jollibee for breakfast, aimlessly calling and texting Mike B,  the all-around cook and man of a few reasons, for the chicken Adobo and some pasta.  I tried to contact him from my  mobile phone only to hear “this subscriber cannot be reached.”  That to me was a dead give away. 

In the van we were comfortably seated with our legs up on seats that weren’t taken.  Front row, there was Sam; second row our TL;  third row Baby Boy and Ethel;  fourth row Mac, Romulo and Pablo.  I took the last row and wished no one would sit near me but interchangeably, Pablo and Romulo moved over to sleep, curled up or whichever way gave them vantage position.  I was able to nap too on short distances.  Our driver was alert, adept and cool.  He and Sam really hit it off well, no malice intended.

Crystal Beach Resort is located at  La Paz, San Narciso in Zambales  on a sizeable beach front.  You could surf, skim board (what the hell is that?), swim, camp, bonfire, eat and sleep (if you wish). The day we chose for our team building was a full day, no more tents to rent, and rooms were quite expensive.  We sheepishly settled for a hut large enough for us to be under its roof and benches on the sides  long enough for our bags, paraphernalia and for us to sit, eat but not play.  We gunned for later in the afternoon to swim on the beach, and waited for the sun to set and stars to twinkle above our heads.  We forgot about the time, who cared anyway?  And oh yes,  we caught a falling star –and I can bet my bottom dollar Ethel made a wish on it.  I did too!!

By the time we were on a pitch black spot on the beach, we had ice galore, drinks (smuggled in), and many repressions laid down on the table.  Mine was I couldn’t drink because I was on antibiotics but then I shared that I had bought my own drink and wanted to bring it, until I remembered my medical issue.  Others shared their hair issues, their exes, their unrequited love interest, ad infinitum,  to I don’t know how many rounds of drinks.  Sam did a pretty good job at “tagayan.”

I don’t know what time that was when I did a French leave, waved goodnight and went into my tent.  Oh, I managed to wing a tent early evening with my raised eyebrows.  If they didn’t let me rent a tent, I would have camped at the reception, that was pretty obvious.  Sam and Ethel followed suit.  I tell you though,  sleeping was no easy task with high definition snoring from both sides,  the left and right of my tent. 

Going home was more placid, everyone asleep and eager to be back home.  We made a short stop at Subic  to get special items, for me it was Parmesan cheese and others, chocolates.  We chose to be dropped at different locations depending on our mode of ride back home. 

We have stories to tell, memories to keep, pictures to show off – most of all, one more lesson at team building.  Carry on, Team Jedi!!!!  





No comments: