Saturday, October 19, 2013

LIVING AND TUMBLING IN A CONDO

Starting to write this and playing Noelle Cassandra ‘s album,  DSL is down and I have just made a report to PLDT on their own DSL network issue.  This after I have done ALL possible trouble-shooting steps I learned as a technical support representative with Accenture Philippines Delivery Center.  Network has been down since close to midnight and is expected to be up again at 5 or 6 this morning, according to PLDT’s support representative.   I feel like I’m climbing on the wall.  Thus is a confession of a netizen, also known as an addict in jejemon language.  

Knowing how It is to handle calls from irate or almost irate customers, I was insistent to get a “ticket number”  otherwise known as “reference number.” I would rather call it the former,  coming from the inside operations of a huge BPO servicing in the US 14 mountain states including Colorado which was then the most problematic area. 

August came by quickly,  marked by typhoons and monsoons that caused many not to come to work.  Where I’m connected,  six in our cluster were affected by one typhoon and theirs were tagged as emergency leave.  Practically that whole week, schools, government and private offices were closed.  But I, the heroine that I am had to work against the tempting bed weather.   No such thing as a barefoot contessa, yeah? 

My fifth year ongoing here in the condo, I would like to share some realizations.  Everything in the Philippines works grindingly slow, terribly slow – look at the people’s unrest about this Napoles scam.  What more I, thirteen years and still fighting. I submit I am a patient woman, and virtuous in this aspect. 

Social media, ahh, without it where in this world would I find again classmates at UP Diliman, St. Theresa’s College, Manila, office mates at ad agencies, and colleagues in the government sector.  Where would I find a better place to do my  sleuthing and express sentiments.  Oh okay, then what about my physical state of affairs in the condo?

Submit that I TRY to keep my premises clean, no longer as starkingly clean as before.  Going on five years, there’s little space now left for walking, still I’m contemplating on bringing in a stationary bike. Really now?  That is because the gym’s treadmill is vintage and who knows who’ve held the handlebars on it? 

For the first time I hired a pest control a few months back to rid of tiny, tiny cockroaches.  To determine what treatment I would need, they asked if I had mice.  I said, no way!  “Eh, malinis nga kayo.”  Truthfully, I dread having mice I would probably not be able to sleep nights if I saw one.  Hat off to the guys at Julant, I have not seen a pesky one since they sprayed here, but that’s not to say they nearly killed me too.  Word of advice,  take the rest of the day off to some far away place, come back and open the windows after the spray.

There is something ethereal about being in a “central” place.  One tricycle or a cab ride away, or tumbling several times over, I’m where I want to be.  I will not go if it weren’t for the nice fish species to the small Puregold store nearby.  I will not go if it weren’t for the many stuff I can find that I can’t at the nearest Robinson’s Mall, to Pioneer Center.  I will not go to SM Megamall if it weren’t for the apple pie of Sugarhouse.  I will not go if it weren’t the best place I can slurp a good bowl of clam chowder to Tokyo Café at the near Go Hotel. 

Admittedly, this building is one of the earlier condominium structures in the area.  I remember I took my son a couple of times to a dentist who did scaling of his gums – sometime in the early 2000’s.  That dental office is no longer there.  To keep me within the bounds, I have found a dentist on the lower floor who now does all–around dental jobs for me.   I see her every 6 months for my prophylaxis, and any emergencies like a decaying tooth or gum infection.   Let’s get this straight, I’m not advertising her.  The fact is, she drives me crazy with her SMS of promos, I could have NTC block her one of these days.  And, where do I get a license to kill my broker, if not that, to wring her neck perhaps?



No comments: